Cerca Technology, a strategic technological partner for companies seeking to optimize their supply chain, announces that Italcol has selected Infor CloudSuite™ WMS as the software to achieve better control of its inventories, increase the level of service, optimize resources, process information in real-time, facilitate decision making, and improve productivity indicators.
Who is Italcol?
Colombian company specialized in the manufacture, distribution, sale, and export of concentrated feed for livestock species, sale of raw and premixed materials. It has 20 plants located in Colombia, Ecuador and Panama from where more than 2 million tons of food are produced annually and close to 500,000 thousand tons of raw material. Its more than 1,800 distributors and 3,300 employees have been part of the success of the company’s growth.
- Italcol seeks to lead the Andean and Central American market of balanced feed for animals. To achieve this, they know that customer satisfaction is essential, which is why one of the goals that the company has set for itself is to improve the management of its logistics operation.
- The project has 3 fundamental objectives, the first is to increase the accuracy of the inventory, improve the precision by reference/location, and obtain total traceability of the products.
- The second is to improve the productivity of the operators, through the application of good practices to reduce operating costs, reduce errors, maximize space in the warehouse and allow the growth of the operation given the impact that the e-commerce model is having on your customers.
- The third is to improve the level of customer service, reducing delivery times, increasing order fulfillment, having real-time visibility, and meeting new customer needs such as Kitting requests and merchandise shelf-life management.
- The project will be implemented in the distribution center of Palmira, Valle del Cauca, and will be extended to the different CeDis of the company.
“Cerca Technology was selected for its experience and knowledge in logistics processes, essential to achieve the objectives that Italcol seeks in its distribution centers by taking advantage of new technologies”
Ricardo Alberto Corredor, Corporate Technology Manager.
“Italcol is seeking to raise the level of maturity of its logistics operation with a world-class tool that will allow it to be at the forefront of its processes, as well as to meet current challenges and support future business growth. For us, it is very gratifying to be able to accompany them in this transformation.”
Paola Quiroga, NOLA Commercial Manager at Cerca Technology.