Industry: Construction and Home
Who is Codelpa:
Grupo Codelpa Colores del Pacífico was born in 2011 after the merger of important Chilean brands such as Ceresita, Sipa, Chilcorrofín and Soquina, becoming one of the most relevant paint and coating companies in the country. The trajectory and market knowledge of these four brands has allowed Codelpa to be recognized today as a highly competitive and innovative company in the industry.
After the merger, Codelpa began to show growth in its operations and the need for a more modern and flexible technological solution in its distribution center that would allow additional savings to those evidenced with Provia WMS (a world-class solution). It was also essential, it was in accordance with the new demand and with the CeDi, which was considered one of the most modern in Chile. Additionally, in order to continue strengthening its operation, there is an expectation to review Voice and Labour Management solutions in the future.
To use new Infor SCE functionalities and capitalize on them for productivity improvements:
- Batch traceability and shelf life to comply with regulations
- Optimization of times for working at height of stackers, when only moving cargo from origin to exchange location
- Greater role specialization by having permanent jobs within the output stream
- Decrease returns for shipping errors
- 3% increase in distribution center time
- 8% improvement in CeDi productivity
- Process improvement and redistribution of role-specific functions
- Improvement in daily reports and job monitoring
“Continuous improvement and technological updating were the main engines of this project, a high performance team committed to the success of the project was the key to success” Aimara Fagúndez, Manager of Professional Services SOLA